Research has shown there is a direct link between student success and parent involvement in school. While Bellesini is a tuition-free school, all parents are required to invest in their child’s education by participating in the Academy’s parent partnership program. Parents contribute a total of more than 2000 volunteer hours to the school annually.
As part of the parent partnership families agree to:
- Participate in the Parent education programs (attend at least 4 per year);
- Attend Grade level meetings (2 a year);
- Volunteer at the school (40 hours per year/4 hours per month for one child; 50 hours per year/5 hours a month for two or more children);
- Attend all school events and meetings (report card nights, Christmas and End of Year Show, Annual Science Fair, Mother’s Day Breakfast, etc.);
- Participate in the Family Fundraising Program;
- Ensure that their son attends all required student programs, including evening study and the Academy’s four-week summer program;
- Encourage their son to do his best work, complete all his assignments, respect his teachers and fellow students, and follow all school rules; and
- Pay a quarterly student activity fee.